Chia is such a great little seed – packed with nutrients, plus has this way to gelify which is very useful sometimes. Like here in this jam. Mornings are better now since I started making this – healthier and so delicious. It tastes better than any options you find in the supermarket, I promise!
The consistency makes it perfect as a bread spread but nothing will stop you from adding a little to your oatmeal or yoghurt instead of that’s what you prefer.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup strawberries (I use frozen)
- 4 large dried figs, remove any hard bits
- 2 to 3 tbsp maple syrup (depending on taste - see instructions)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, more to taste
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- Place all ingredients (2 tbsp maple syrup) in a pot and boil for five minutes.
- Use a hand mixer to blend it all together. Taste and adjust sweetness - add another tbsp maple syrup to taste or a little more lemon juice.
- Place in an air tight container and let cool before storing in the fridge.