This salad topping is great to have at your finger tips when creating a quick main or side salad – it never fails to make something delicious out of the most simplest of greens. Making a batch of this topping helps me stick to healthier food, as it makes those leaves or other vegetables taste almost like comfort food.
If you’re not into cumin, you can replace it with something else. I’ve also made it with finely chopped rosemary and dried thyme, but this version below is my definitive favourite. I hope you like it!
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup flax seeds
- 1 tbsp whole cumin seeds (spiskummin in Swedish, Kreuzkummel in German)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Turn the oven to 175 degrees.
- Roughly chop the almonds and the sunflower seeds (I run them very briefly in my food processor). Melt the coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to make the sure all mixes evenly.
- Spread the mix out in an oven tray and place in the oven. Leave for about ten minutes or until it starts to go a little brown and crunchy. Stir one or two times in the meantime to make sure it roasts evenly. Take out and let cool.