Dip alternatives – beetroot and carrot
- 2 large red beets, peeled OR 6 large carrots (no need to peel,just wash carefully)
- 2 large cloves of garlic, halved
- A little sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil (half for the vegetables in the oven, half to be added before mixing)
1.5 tbsp. tahini
- Juice from ⅓ lemon, more to taste
- ½ tbsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds, a little more to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees
- Thinly slice the red beets or chop the carrots and place them in an oven tray together with the halved garlic cloves. Sprinkle over the sea salt and drizzle over 1 tbsp. of the olive oil. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 to 25 minutes until soft and a little brown (how long will depend on size of your slices/chunks - red beets take time, so best to keep the slices thin).
- Place the baked beets or carrots together with the roasted garlic in a bowl and add the other ingredients. Blend it together using a hand blender (or place all in a food processor). Taste and add more lemon, salt, cumin or tahini as needed. Serve with some raw vegetables or crackers.