Raw zucchini spaghetti with creamy pistachio sauce and roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Leaves from 2 stems thyme
- Leaves from 2 stems oregano
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
3 zucchini, washed not peeled
- 1 small clove garlic
- Leaves from 5 stems oregano
- Leaves from 5 stems thyme
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup pistachios
- ½ tsp. salt, more to taste
- 2 avocados
THE ROASTED TOMATOES
THE ZUCCHINI SPAGHETTI
- Turn the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the halved tomatoes on an oven tray and sprinkle over the thyme leaves, the oregano leaves, the chopped garlic and the salt. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make spaghetti out of the zucchini using a mandolin (which is what I used) or a peeler. Set a side.
- In a pot on very low heat, slowly warm up the garlic, oregano, thyme, almond milk, pistachios and salt for a minute or two. Then remove from the stove, add the avocado and mix it all into a smooth and creamy sauce using a blender.
- Add the sauce to the zucchini spaghetti and toss until the sauce is evenly coating the zucchini spaghetti. Garnish with the roasted tomatoes and some pistachio nuts.