Vegan Christmas – Whole roasted celeriac with herbs, olive oil and sea salt
- 1 large celeriac root
- 2 to 3 tbsp of herbs of your choice, roughly chopped, e.g. rosemary, thyme or sage.
- A generous dollop of olive oil
- A few generous pinches of sea salt
- Turn the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5.
- Carefully wash the celeriac and place it on a double folded large piece of foil (enough to wrap around the entire root). Thoroughly coat it with the olive oil, the herbs and the salt before covering it completely in the foil (wrap tightly) and placing it in the oven, leaving it there for approximately two hours - until tender throughout.
- Slice it and serve with side vegetables, creamy sauces, a mushroom sauté or with a yummy risotto. Or like I do at Christmas, with hummus in a flat bread wrap!